Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Novena for Michael, Amy, and their family (Feb 4-12)

Guest blog by Maria R:

Most of you probably know by now that Michael Dubriel died suddenly on Feb. 3rd. [Much more information here, including how to help the family financially.] Both he and his wife Amy have been a huge blessing to many. I thought we might give back a little and work together to comfort the family through prayer. Please join me in a novena to the Holy Family.

We'll start today: One Memorare, A Prayer to St. Joseph, an Our Father and Hail Mary. St. Joseph is also the patron of departing souls, so I thought this prayer was especially appropriate.

In case you're not familiar with these prayers, I'm posting them below:

Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with with confidence, I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Novena to Saint Joseph
Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath.

No comments: