Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's happened again!

This story might give pause to those who claim that conscience protections are not needed for medical personnel:
A Catholic nurse in New York claims she was forced in May to participate in the abortion of a 22-week-old fetus against her moral convictions. The nurse alleges in a lawsuit that Mount Sinai Hospital officials knew of her objections to abortion, but told her to assist in the procedure or face disciplinary action, including possible loss of her job and her nursing license.

The nurse, Catherina Cenzon DeCarlo, 35, said in a statement provided by her attorney: 'After I was forced to assist this abortion against my religious objection, I felt violated and betrayed, like I had been raped. I couldn't believe that this could happen in the United States, where freedom is held sacred.'

More

No comments: